- Bar Admissions
- Professional Associations
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
This is the philosophy which William Michael “Billy” Boyle (William M. Boyle) follows. Coming from a firefighter family, Billy, himself, also served many years as a firefighter, fire officer, chief officer and fire academy instructor. Even the family dog is a Dalmatian.
Responding to just about every kind of fire, accident or other emergency situation imaginable has made thinking on his feet second nature to William M. Boyle and has given him a rare comfort level in any courtroom. In his words – “After you’ve had a staircase burn out behind you, not a whole lot that can happen in a courtroom worries you.”
William M. Boyle takes personally his responsibility when representing people during some of the most difficult times of their lives. His goal is simple – to make the lives of his clients a little bit better by getting them what they need to move forward. Stating his measure of success in firefighting terms, William M. Boyle adds – “though we never had control over when an alarm might sound, our measure of success was whether things started to get better once we arrived.”
In the legal field, William M. Boyle achieves this success through skillful lawyering, both in and out of the courtroom. Although his extensive legal experience has been in civil matters involving bodily injury & wrongful death and medical malpractice litigation, he also has handled diverse Family Law and Criminal Law matters during his career. In all, the skills he honed over many years of fighting for the rights of his clients are readily-transferable to our firm’s Family Law practice.
In both New York City & New Jersey, William M. Boyle has extensive litigation and trial experience, handling cases arising from many diverse fire, explosion, premises, construction site, motor vehicle, motorcycle, trucking, railway and other transportation incidents. William M. Boyle also has litigated and tried medical malpractice cases in New York. In addition to his jury trial experience in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island & New Jersey, William M. Boyle also managed catastrophic excess casualty litigation for a major insurance carrier; managing cases which invariably involved devastating bodily injuries, mass casualties and multiple fatalities. In that role, he directly negotiated thousands of settlements involving well-known catastrophic events, both nationwide and abroad.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Criminal Law
- Premises Liability & Construction Site Accidents
- Fires & Explosions; Fire Loss & Property Loss; Firefighter Injuries & Fatalities
- Motor Vehicle, Trucking & Rail Transportation Accidents
- Bodily Injury & Wrongful Death
- Litigation & Appeals
- Products Liability
- Family Law: Divorce, Child Custody & Support
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1989
- New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2012
- Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York, 2015
- City University of New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. – 1988
- 2nd year Internship with NAACP Legal Defense & Education Fund, Inc.
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, New York
- Bachelor of Arts/Master of Arts – 1984
- Graduate Teaching Assistant with Office of Special Programs
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Exempt Firemen’s Assoc.,
- Northern Ocean County Chiefs’ Assoc.
- Ocean County Firemen’s Assoc.
- Life Member Bay Head (NJ) and Roselle Park (NJ) Fire Departments
- New Jersey State Firemen’s Assoc.