- Professional Associations and Memberships
Marilyn T. Sugarman
After working for more than twenty years as a Special Referee and as a court attorney in a Matrimonial Part, I left the court in 2020 to go into private practice. I moved to a new firm in October 2022 where I am better able to utilize my skills that I developed while working in the Court both trying and settling complex matrimonial cases.
I firmly believe it is better for all concerned – especially children – to settle a matrimonial case rather than proceed to trial. But if the other side is unwilling or unable to settle, and it is necessary to go to trial, I know what persuades a trier of fact.
I am able to advise and represent high-net-worth individuals in all aspects of matrimonial and family law, including negotiating and drafting agreements and litigating child custody and complex economic issues, if needed. I am also able to mediate disputes or serve as a “private judge.” And, in keeping with my belief that the most important people in a divorce are the children, I am thrilled to now also be able to provide services as a Parenting Coordinator to divorcing or divorced families that are in need of such services.
- Court Attorney Law Department, Supreme Court of the State of New York
- Court Attorney The Honorable Joan B. Lobis, Supreme Court of the State of New York
- Special Referee Supreme Court of the State of New York
- Special Counsel Dobrish Michaels Gross LLP
- Brooklyn Law School, 1984
- Cornell University, 1981
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Special Counsel at The Mandel Law Firm